PROPERTY

Whetstone homes go on sale today (June 7)

Former MoD homes totally refurbished

Looking to put down roots in the London Borough of Barnet? Well consider this. The final release of refurbished former Ministry of Defence (MoD) homes in Whetstone by developer Annington, is being offered for sale from this Friday (June 7).

Available will be a two-bedroom home along with three, four-bedroom properties.

Barrie Christophi, assistant branch manager of estate agents Barnard Marcus, which will be handling the sale, says: “The location is peaceful and quiet, yet minutes away from Totteridge and Whetstone Underground station. It’s also not far from Oakleigh Park overground which gets you into Kings Cross in less than 20 minutes.”

He adds: “The properties have good layouts and spacious room sizes. Each features an open-plan kitchen diner and a separate living area, plus a rear garden. All have a generous parking allocation. In a price-sensitive market these homes offer great value. We expect viewings to be busy.”

The fully refurbished houses include new kitchens with integrated appliances, new bathrooms, new front doors and new flooring throughout.

First-time buyers James and Elodie Casareto moved there from rented accommodation in Romford. James, a manager for Eurostar, commented: “We really liked the homes because of the quiet surrounding area, the new appliances and kitchen, the size of the garden and the other refurbishments. The development as a whole is very bright and spacious looking.”

Elodie, who works in a recruitment agency, added: “We love all of the activities in the surrounding area; there are tennis and golf clubs, leisure centres and swimming pools all within easy reach.”

Joseph and Jane Dawson were living in a one-bedroom flat in Woodside Park. They decided to move to a larger home as son Joe became a toddler. “We really liked the area,” said Jane. “It’s close to everything we need and there is an excellent range of schools nearby which will be great when Joe grows up.”

Antonio and Jasminka Calabrese also felt the development was the ideal place to raise a family. Antonio, restaurant manager at a gastro pub, said: “When we visited, we found the development to be very peaceful and it felt safe for children. A big draw for us was the standard to which the homes had been refurbished. We have a lot more space than we did previously.”

The two-bedroom home will be offered for sale at £450,000 and the four-bedroom properties start from £550,000.

To book a viewing contact Barnard Marcus on 020 8446 6888.

Tags
Show More

David Buckley

Dave Buckley is a career journalist. “I once went painting girders for a week and discovered I didn’t like heights,” he says. “Apart from that it has always been journalism for me in one form or another.” Past publications worked for include the South-East London Mercury*, Kent Messenger, Daily Express, Today*, News of the World* and Hong Kong Star*. All those marked with an asterisk no longer exist (trend emerging?). He owned and edited a Thailand-based property magazine before returning to England and currently works as a production editor for an East Midlands-based publishing group.

Related Articles

Close