If you are into virtual reality (VR) games, you’re in for a treat. Zero Latency*, which claims to be the global leader in warehouse-scale VR entertainment, will open a new venue in Boxpark, Wembley, at the end of this month.
The world’s most advanced free-roam, multi-player virtual reality gaming experience is set to get Londoners’ adrenaline racing. It looks like a great idea for anyone seeking an adrenalin rush for a special event such as a birthday.
Gamers can pit themselves against legions of zombies, or venture deep into space to battle robots, or go head-to-head with their friends in a player v player virtual dystopian battleground.
The new 400 sq m Boxpark Wembley free-roam VR arena utilises Zero Latency’s unmatched, free-roaming VR technology as up to eight players are able to move freely in their warehouse-scale empty arena, untethered by any cables, while navigating full-motion avatars through the hyper-realistic virtually generated worlds.
Equipped with headsets, headphones, military-style backpacks and a gun (for shooter games) the deeply immersive 30-minute social VR experiences bring playing with friends and family to a new dimension as you team up in multiplayer maps to defeat hordes of enemies or face off against each other.
Perfect for first-time gamers and thrill-seekers alike, games feature advanced storytelling, ultra-realistic enemies and epic final boss battles. Groups are ranked against one another based on their skillset; number of kills and deaths. This is not your usual VR experience and is not just for gamers, your instincts take over as your body becomes the controller and your mind believes it is all real.
Situated close to the Wembley Stadium, the new venue will also play host to mass international VR Team vs Team vSports tournaments, where players from around the world will battle it out.
Zero Latency’s world-first, PVP eSports experience, Sol Raiders, takes competitive play to the next level as two teams of up to four players go head-to-head across three fast-paced, virtual battlegrounds as you and your friends fight each other for control of the universe’s last power source – Sol.
John Lilley, CEO of MeetspaceVR, said: “We’re thrilled to bring the world’s most advanced social gaming experience, Zero Latency, to London.
“Free-roam VR is the future of group social entertainment attractions – we believe gaming is better when played together. The adrenaline-pumping experience caters to a wide audience from avid-gamers to first time visitors.
“Wembley plays host to the world’s biggest sporting tournaments and so it feels like the perfect place to launch the future of mass competitive Player-to-Player eSport gaming.
“We are looking forward to opening our doors in the UK’s capital in October and unleashing a horde of virtual zombies on visitors.”
Since the opening of Zero Latency’s first UK site at MeetspaceVR’s Nottingham location last year more than 25,000 players have already had their mettle tested across 4,000 sessions, done battle with more than half a million zombies and terminated over a quarter of a million killer robots.
Zero Latency’s Wembley branch will open on Saturday October 26 from 11am to 11pm and is located at MeetspaceVR, Box Park, Olympic Way, Wembley Park. Tickets can be pre-booked at www.zlvr.co.uk from £19.95 per person.
MeetspaceVR Wembley will host Zero Latency’s full game product offering over the coming months to suit different tastes, including:
- Sol Raiders – Earth is gone and the last remnants of humanity are traveling the universe in search of new worlds….and wealth. A power source unlike any other – called Sol – will make you rich if you can get it. The only problem is, everyone wants it, and to get it, you must fight for it. Pilot your combat rig, form your crew and prepare yourself for blistering, Player vs Player combat over three futuristic maps.
- Zombie Survival – Picture this: you’re bunkered in a fort and surrounded by a mass of zombies. Can you stay alive until the rescue team arrives? An experience for thrill seekers.
- Outbreak Origins – Prepare yourself for epic battles. A deadly virus is wreaking havoc, causing hordes of zombies to take over the city. The dead are walking and your squad needs to do something quick.
- Singularity – Space, the final frontier. Ever wondered how you’d fair against killer robots and rogue drones? You and your mates will investigate a secret military space station and take on the Terminators.
- Engineerium – Perfect for first-timers and virtual reality experimenters. Ease you and your mates into VR through this avatar-like, fantasy world that combines platform and maze challenges.
Melbourne-based Zero Latency has 19 venues operating across four continents, eight arenas in operation across the United States, in addition to locations in Tokyo, Osaka, Madrid, Lisbon, Mexico City, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Macau, Busan, Brisbane and Melbourne. In 2016, Zero Latency was named by Fast Company as one of the Top 10 Most Innovative Gaming companies.