- Celebrity guests will join host Alex Zane to perform their favourite Twitter conversations and moments to a live audience
- Acclaimed screenwriter and author Caitlin Moran headlines the first event on Thursday, October 10
- Series of exclusive ‘in conversation’ events will take place at Samsung KX, a new experience space in Coal Drops Yard, London (pictured)
- Additional guest speakers include sports journalist and radio host Colin Murray and radio and TV host, Roman Kemp
- Tickets are FREE and available to BOOK NOW: https://www.samsung.com/uk/explore/kings-cross/whats-on/
A new star-studded live event series celebrating the world of Twitter threads and conversations starts in two days’ time (Thursday, October 10) hosted by Alex Zane.
Thread Talks is a series of six intimate and exclusive ‘in conversation’ events featuring some of the biggest names in journalism, sport, culture and comedy – taking place at Samsung KX.
Samsung KX is a new experience space in Coal Drops Yard, King’s Cross, where guests can experience the latest in culture and innovation, powered by Samsung technology. Designed to give guests the ultimate immersive brand experience, Samsung KX is a place where people are invited to discover, interact with and learn new skills in a dynamic environment through a range of workshops, events and performances together with local community partners.
Each free event will feature a celebrity performing a live reading of their favourite spats and chats from the Twittersphere, as well as an intimate question and answer session with the audience and host.
A diverse array of outstanding speakers will perform at the venue’s Centre Stage in front the world’s first vertical 10 metre-wide curved Samsung screen.
- Caitlin Moran – Thursday, October 10
- Roman Kemp – Monday, October 28
- Colin Murray – Monday, November 11
- Guest speakers to be announced for the Mondays of November 25, December 2 and December 9.
- All times are from 7pm-8.30pm.
Tickets available now – https://www.samsung.com/uk/explore/kings-cross/whats-on/
First up is influential journalist, screenwriter and renowned author Caitlin Moran who will join Alex Zane on stage on Thursday to chat through some of her greatest, weirdest and funniest moments on Twitter.
Celebrity guest speakers including radio and TV host, Roman Kemp and sports journalist and radio host Colin Murray will also be making their Thread Talk debuts in 2019.
The series will celebrate the array of threads and conversations had on Twitter daily, as users connect over their shared love of entertainment, politics and culture. On average 500 million Tweets are shared every day – that’s 5,787 Tweets sent every second and over 182 billion Tweets shared each year*.
Caitlin Moran said: “Twitter is the whole world in one place, and I intend to lead you towards the best bits, like a social media sommelier.”
Tanya Weller, director of Samsung Showcase, KX said: “We’re thrilled to be hosting such a diverse array of speakers and high-profile Tweeters to join us for our new Thread Talks series here at Samsung KX. The launch of our new event space allows us to open our customers up to a world of digital culture and immersive experiences, so Thread Talks is a welcome addition to our extensive calendar of events.”
David Wilding, director of planning at Twitter UK, said: “We are seeing more and more people – as well as brands – embracing Threads as a creative way to express themselves and tell their stories on Twitter. It’s fantastic that some of these amazing conversations will be brought to life through the Thread Talks series.”
For more information and to book tickets please visit: https://www.samsung.com/uk/explore/kings-cross/whats-on/
*Twitter statistics taken from the Hootsuite blog – published on January 16 2019 https://blog.hootsuite.com/twitter-statistics/